Wednesday, June 16, 2010

To The Left, To The Left

We are at McDonald's in Bryson City so I decided to take advantage of their free wifi. This is much easier than posting with my phone.

Today Michael and I tackled the Left Loop at Tsali. It was around 11.9 miles. Michael did great, but after about 7 miles, he really didn't have any legs left. We pushed the last three significant climbs. That was okay, though. Before this week, he had never ridden more than five miles at one time. Now he has two 11+ milers under his belt. After three days, I'm guessing we have around 27 miles in.

And after 27 miles, I am even more amazed at Michael's apparent physical inability to ride around a mudhole of any size, shape or depth. Needless to say, I have had to douse his chain daily with oil. It's worth it, though, to see him having such a good time celebrating who he is... a boy. I wouldn't have him any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment