Monday, June 8, 2009

You Look Mahvelous!

"As he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him.  And he did not permit him but said to him, "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."  And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him and everyone marveled."   Mark 3:18-20(ESV)

Saturday night, we baptized a guy at our church.  Pastor Scott asked him what the Lord has done for him and he said, "He's changed my life and is helping me get off booze.  I've been sober for three months."  He told how much the Lord had done for him and everyone marveled.

Does evangelism freak you out a little bit?  If you're like me, you want to tell your friends about Jesus, but you don't want to come across like one of those guys on the street corner screaming at people.  Or maybe you're afraid that you don't understand all the theology wrapped up in salvation well enough to explain it to someone.  Well, you don't have to.  All you have to say is what the Lord has done for you, "This is who I was.  This is who I am now."  People will marvel.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have stayed for the baptism Saturday but after chasing my son around all day I was just give out and headed home around 5:30. I can relate on witnessing to some folks because I feel like I should know more about the bible when telling them about Jesus. But you are right, if you just let people know what the Lord has done in your life then that is usually enough to spark an interest in people to either get closer to the Lord or to experience Him for the first time.

    ReplyDelete